patagonia

patagonia
Join Me For A Southwestern Experience

"Keep close to Nature's heart and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods."

-John Muir, American Naturalist

Ok, I will be the first to admit that when the opportunity to spend a long weekend immersing myself in a “southwestern experience” was presented, I really had to think on it. In the end I logically reasoned that my passion in this travel business revolves around guiding my clients to open their eyes and minds to new experiences. Why not take this chance to widen my own  comfort zone and experience something close to home and "out of the box"?  When the details came through and mentioned amenities such as spa, excellent dining and comfortable accommodations, I began to seriously consider this adventure.

What intrigued me was that I would be a guest at a 15,000 acre working cattle ranch, which would bring the comforts of a boutique hotel to the rugged wilderness in Wyoming. As I sat mesmerized, turning the pages of the ranch photos presented to me, a  sense of calm washed over  me and  I knew that I would fit this into my already overbooked schedule.
                                                              
 
 Roughing it in style!

From the moment I stepped on to  the ranch property, I knew that this would be very attractive to many of my clients. The cabins had recently been historically renovated. The Lodge Great Room, as shown in the above photo, was a meeting place for meals, conversation, and drinks into the night. Dining experiences on the property ranged from casual to elegant. What I liked is that this adventure could be anything you wanted it to be.

Boasting a 28,000-sq-ft indoor arena, the Equestrian Center featured full stables, an observation deck, a meeting room and an outdoor riding area. A diverse array of shooting sports were also available at the Bow & Gun Club, including skeet shooting, archery and range shooting.  All inclusive pricing makes it such that you try all of the activities offered, adding to the sense of adventure as you will want to try everything available to you! The lodge itself is 38,000 square feet with a  spa. (There is nothing quite like a deep tissue massage after a two hour trail ride.)

Benefits galore:  Guests can also enjoy sunset cocktails at the Falcon Peak Overlook deck, smores over a bonfire, and they can sample wines from the ranch's open cellar.


                                                             Morning yoga, anyone?

I know what you are thinking. Is this for families? On several occasions I had children in my activities and they were so interested, particularly in the archery.  They could have stayed  into the next session. The staff was particularly skillful at engaging with the younger guests.  This ranch and many others in my portfolio, specialize in customized adventures, perfect for families and any type of group. I spoke with a honeymoon couple that was thoroughly enjoying themselves! Please know that there are ranches to fit all budgets.


                                 Having a blast out of my comfort zone!

What I love about this particular destination  is that it can offer a uniquely different experience in the winter. When the snow falls you can enjoy Nordic skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and horseback rides.  Some ranches have skiing nearby and for those that are inclined to hit the slopes, this winter ranch adventure is also a wonderful option.
 
My sense of adventure takes me all of the world, and I have experienced so much. Each day I am reminded of how much yet I have to  see!  Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in discussing your next journey.  I can be reached at 630.267.3054 or kathymoran@kmorantravel.com.